KPathSea bindings for Java

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 14 17:19:32 CEST 2024

    I tried to do the equivalent of lkpselib.c (LuaTeX),

Perfectly reasonable, but LuaTeX has the advantage of being a binary
executable that we already have to compile :). A library is a whole
different world.

    I can however create a fallback implementation, which simply calls
    kpsewhich in a Java Process in case the jkpathsea library is
    unavailable. That would still honor the security measures of
    KPathSea. Then TL simply doesn't have to ship the binary lib, but if
    it's found it will be used.

Sounds fine. As long as TL only has to ship pure Java
(arch-independent), it'll work for the distribution. Thanks. -k